Senior Manager - BTS (M&A - Technology)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mumbai, India
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2023
Alvarez & Marsal’s BTS team works with healthy and distressed middle market PE firms as well as with mid to large cap companies with growth aspirations and profitability / efficiency related challenges.
The team works as partner to develop and execute restructuring plans. It provides liquidity assessment, business plan evaluation, creditworthiness assessment, & stakeholder negotiation services to clients. The BTS team helps clients effect positive change, manage risk and unlock value.
BTS also offers detailed due diligence, financial analysis and valuation, liquidity management, business plan development, investment / market entry solutions, revenue enhancement solutions, supply chain & operations improvement, and digital transformation.
BTS team consists of highly trained and experienced cross disciplinary advisers with legal, finance and IT backgrounds.
The practice covers varied sectors such as Transportation & Logistics, Consumer Packaged Goods, Food & Agri, Healthcare, Financial Services, Automotive, Energy, Digital & Tech, Industrial Goods, Aviation, Metals & Mining, Real Estate, Retail.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute tasks effectively by prioritizing various activities with team
- Meticulous attention to detail, a sense of curiosity, and the ability to learn quickly, and a dedication to customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with colleagues, identify and implement opportunities for improved effectiveness, efficiency and risk mitigation
- Capture and record time and costs incurred on each project every week
- Ensure the timely delivery of work allocated
- Ensure timely actions on feedback by clients/Senior Manager/Director
- Experience of leading large, complex, global delivery programmes.
- Research in-depth and generate reliable data
- Distill insights from analyses by identifying second order implications
- Systematically break down the problem into relevant focus areas
- Develop a quick understanding of clients’ businesses and its derivers and leverages the same for project delivery
- Discern patterns of complex diligence matters and provide accurate understanding
- Manage complex engagements, including commercials, resourcing and risk
- Adept at building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Set clear and unambiguous expectations on deliverables
- Manage client expectations and make changes accordingly
- Earn client’s trust by displaying superior work ethic with utmost importance on client confidentiality
- Satisfy client expectations by delivering superior quality work
- Track record in business development, with strong external networks
Communication and Soft skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of delivering high-quality reports and presentations
- Engage audience by responding effectively & succinctly
- Narrative building capability to distill complex ideas into a compelling story
- Experience leading practice development initiatives and training programmes
- Ability to act as an inspiring leader in a particular sector / industry
- Strong team leadership skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to manage and develop juniors
- Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences
- MBA/ PGDM with B.Tech from a reputed institute with a technology background
- 10-12 years of prior experience with an IT technology / consulting organization.
- Professional services / consulting from a management consultancy, IT services firm.
- Experience in M&A transactions, including pre-deal (IT Due diligence and red flag reports) and/or Post deal IT integration, carveout / separation across areas such as Applications, Infrastructure, IT TSA Costing & Analysis, IT Operating model, PMO support.
- IT project execution experience with an in-depth knowledge of IT project life cycle.
- Analytically strong, with the ability to identify opportunities and develop new business with external clients.
- Flexibility to travel, as required by business.
- Experience of working in interim management roles.
- Experience of Cloud infrastructure strategy
- High level understanding of ERP and technology architecture.
- Experience working in Pre-Sales / Solution design.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.