Senior Director, Corporate Transformation Tax
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 30, 2023
Our Tax services include:
- Performing tax due diligence, including reviewing target’s historic tax profile, planning, tax examination, acquisition/disposition, and filing history to assess potential risks and opportunities
- Using the due diligence process to identify opportunities for further tax efficiencies
- Structuring transactions in a tax-efficient manner
- Reviewing and evaluating significant tax attributes, credits and incentives
- Reviewing and commenting on purchase agreement and disclosure schedules
- Evaluating potential acquisition structures
- Modeling transaction scenarios
- Identifying matters to be addressed post-closing, including integration related risks and opportunities
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations;
- Develop and deliver quality tax planning approaches with timely and responsive services and work product that meets and/or exceeds client expectations;
- Perform due diligence including review of tax returns, financials, and other tax documentation to evaluate potential tax risks and opportunities;
- Review and comment on tax aspects of financial models;
- Review and comment on tax aspects of purchase agreements;
- Coordinate with state and local and international tax team members, as well as financial and operational due diligence team members, to deliver highest quality integrated work product;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Manage client engagements, from client interview, information gathering and documentation, to the creation of project deliverable;
- Generate business development leads and projects; and
- Supervise and mentor staff members.
- CPA, JD (with bachelor's degree in accounting, preferred), Masters in Taxation, or LL.M
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Strong writing, analytical, research and organizational skills
- Strong communication, presentation, project management, and business development skills
- Strong sense of personal motivation as well as the ability to work with a team
- Ability to work in dynamic, time-sensitive environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.