PEPI: Manager, CFO Services--Digital Finance (OPEN TO ALL US LOCATIONS)
Location: Tampa, FL, United States
Date Posted: May 30, 2023
Alvarez & Marsal Private Equity Performance Improvement
Manager, CFO Services - (Digital Finance)
A&M’s Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice works with private equity held portfolio companies and provides our clients with solutions to preserve and generate value for their businesses. Our goal is to improve transparency to key drivers and business performance, to support increasing cash and EBITDA, and to provide benefits through hands-on involvement in our clients’ operations. Our job is to support PE firms to ensure their portfolio companies have credible plans and the ability to execute and deliver financial outcomes.
Our PEPI CFO Services practice includes the following pillar of services:
- Liquidity & Working Capital Optimization
- Strategic Analytics & Planning
- Performance Measurement & Management
- Business Transformation
- Auxiliary Services: Accounting Remediation
PEPI CFO Services Manager, Digital Finance:
- Digital Finance Transformation Expertise and proven implementation experience
- Proven track record in Assessing Finance and Accounting functions, and implementing Digital technologies to improve efficiency and transparency. RPA, Finance Analytics, NLG, Predictive Forecasting models.
- Finance & Accounting Process improvement expertise & process automation
- Knowledge of Digital Finance tools and vendors
- Expertise implementing Digital tools for Finance in large public corporations or mid size PE owned Portfolio Companies.
- Expertise in building Predictive Forecasting Models
Hypothesis / Scope Development
- Connect with client to facilitate information gathering
- Guide and facilitate client interviews and ensure all relevant data are considered and pursued
- Define type of analyses needed to prove or disprove assumptions, ensure complete, accurate and timely execution
- Apply industry and functional knowledge identify business drivers and issues
- Understand and develop framework given project parameters
- Develop actionable conclusions from analyses
- Project Management and Implementation
- Ability to lead components of projects with multiple service lines and ability to lead smaller projects independently
- Proactively manage client’s expectations and minimize risks and negative impacts on project
- Develop straightforward actionable plans and lead individual workstreams independently
- Design cash generating initiatives, EBITDA improvements, optimal organizational structure to drive client’s value
- Anticipate risks and obstacles early on, create contingency plans and communicating timely with client
- Engage and work collaboratively with senior management; ability to obtain buy-in from senior management / board members on actionable plans
- Leverage industry expertise, prior professional services experience to guide team and promote innovative and analytical thinking
- Manage client relationship during the project duration
- Take accountability for both client and team identified issues
- Build complimentary teams using individuals’ talents and capabilities
- Financial Acumen
- Complete proficiency in financial modeling and financial statements analysis and accounting treatments
- Identify and drive P&L and B/S accountability
- Utilize tools and resources to drive change management
- Interpreting financial statements and understanding how info gets captured and used, understand how to streamline the processes
- Experience in the role of Controllership, Finance and Accounting Advisory Services
- Graduate of accredited 4-year college / university with educational concentration in relevant areas (accounting, finance, economics) preferred but not required
- Experience in Digital Finance technologies, including RPA, Predictive Forecasting, Finance Analytics, NLG, data visualization.
- Over 8 years of experience related to: Accounting / Finance, Financial Due Diligence, Restructuring, Investment Banking or Private Equity
- Complete proficiency in understanding financial models, data analytics, and presentation skills
- CPA, CFA, MBA, or Master’s Degree Preferred but not Required
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.