(Senior) Associate / Manager (m/f/d) – Business Modelling
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Date Posted: May 4, 2023
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) for leadership, action and results. Privately held since its founding in 1983, A&M is a global leading professional services firm that provides advisory, business performance improvement and turnaround management services.
With over 7000 people across 5 continents and based in 70 locations, we deliver excellent results for corporates, boards, private equity firms, law firms and government agencies facing complex challenges. Our senior leaders and their teams leverage A&M’s restructuring heritage to help companies act decisively, catapult growth and accelerate results. At best you already have some relevant consulting experience and the following qualifications:
Our non-hierarchical, hands-on-approach, small expert teams and an international focus are characterizing for A&M. A&M's Valuation experts deal with the valuation of companies, company shares and individual assets. Within the Valuation practice, the Business Modeling function provides a full suite of modelling services in the areas of Mergers & Acquisitions, Restructuring, Private Equity portfolios, Contentious Valuations, Complex Financial Instruments, Illiquid Securities and Financial and Tax reporting. In contrast to many competitors, we can act free of conflicts of interest, as no auditing is carried out by Alvarez & Marsal.
As a (Senior) Associate / Manager (m/f/d) you will manage the following key responsibilities, supported by the European Valuation Services team
- Support the senior team with project delivery, primarily through the delivery and testing of leading-practice financial models incorporating the relevant operational, tax, accounting and financing principles;
- Prepare and support client workshops, meetings and calls to assist in scoping and designing models, gather input data, review and validate calculations;
- Support project teams on valuation assignments ;
- Assignments can include Insolvency & Restructuring models, Mergers & Acquisitions models, Business planning models, project finance models, valuation models and other financial models. Clients include Infrastructure & private equity funds and large corporates
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a leading university;
- Strong working knowledge of relevant accounting, corporate finance and tax principles, and experience of applying this in a modelling context;
- 3-5 years’ work experience for candidates with Master's degree / 4-6 years’ work experience for candidates with Bachelor's degree, preferably in a financial modelling role in a leading accounting or consulting firm, investment bank or boutique modelling firm;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Fluent in German, excellent English language skills
If you want to be part of A&M’s success story and would like to grow in a dynamic environment, we are looking forward to your application.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.