Location: Paris, France
Date Posted: May 4, 2023
Job Title: Strategy Transformation Consultant
Position open: 3
Location: Paris 8eme
Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a global consulting firm with more than $2+ billion in revenues, 5,000+ staff and 65 offices around the globe and a broad range of professional services including Transaction Advisory, Restructuring, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations, and Disputes and Investigation Services.
We are looking for 3 Intern Consultants in our Corporate Transformation departments in Paris.
You will be part of large-scale transformation projects team. Our job is to help our clients succeed in complex strategic transformations, right through to operational implementation and the achievement of results in the field.
You will be working on various assignments in different industries (visit our website here) :
Transforming Retail Procurement with Data
High-Impact Transformation of Bank Headquarters (case study here)
Reorganise and modernize a supply chain of a global food industry company
Coach and transform a Sales & Marketing department to improve our client’s performance
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn more about complex operational transformation and finance advisory and become involved in a ‘hands-on’ team.
The successful candidate will:
• Join a growing team with strong leadership, bright, energetic people with a truly entrepreneurial spirit
• Gain experience in large multi-sector, scale transformation
• Work on diverse assignments helping our other business unit such as Private Equity, Restructuring and Turnaround
• We operate as a European team and the individual will also gain insight to project in the UK and other countries (Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, etc).
The main tasks will include:
• Work very closely with our senior management and support the business growth
• Structure and carry out essential strategic research and market analysis
• Performing research on potential targets and helping prepare “points of view” documents on such targets
• Support the commercial activity, preparation for client pitches
• Assisting in managing intelligence on forthcoming deals, and working on targeting Financial Inst
• At least 6month previous internship experience
• Strong Excel skills : solid understanding of accounting/finance, ability to distill large amounts of data into a simple format (eg pivot tables …)
• Proficient with Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Fluent business level English and French are essential. Additional European language skills including Dutch, German, Italian or Spanish are highly desirable
A&M is a growing business and our people have extensive client exposure and the opportunity to be involved in business development activities.
Our culture is a highly dynamic and responsive one that has evolved out of excelling in complex and urgent situations. We are unrestricted by any conflict with Audit services and the issues caused that are typical in many of our competitors.
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.