Manager - Business Intelligence (DI)
Location: Mumbai, India
Date Posted: May 10, 2023
As a Manager specializing in Business Intelligence within A&M’s Disputes & Investigations practice, the successful candidate:
- Should have very strong research skills, especially in relation to open-source intelligence gathering, and have extensive experience using industry tools such as MCA, Factiva, Lexis Nexis, World Check, Complinet etc;
- Should have experience in conducting and managing discreet intelligence gathering work for strategic intelligence, integrity due diligence, asset traces and investigations including fraud and whistleblower matters. Some experience with primary source interviewing is preferred but not essential;
- Must have strong verbal and report writing skills;
- Must have strong experience in leading and managing a team in a demanding and fast paced environment;
- Must have experience in managing client relationships and multiple deliverables ;
- Must demonstrate commercial acumen sharp focus on typical client objectives in business intelligence engagements; and
- Must have experience working with external sub-contractors and should carry such relationships.
Role and Responsibilities
- Project management – take end-to-end responsibility of the project lifecycle from proposal, project workplan and staffing, driving research and intelligence gathering workstreams including problem solving and troubleshooting where required, and interim and final reporting through a combination of power point decks and detailed narrative reports;
- Project administration – responsibility for oversight on cost, workpaper management, risk and conflict procedures;
- Practice development – support business development by contributing to thought leadership and proposal development. Take a lead on operational matters including training junior team members, developing the intelligence network and research methodology.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree (in management, finance, international relations, political science, economics, history, intelligence and / or law) with 5 to 9 years of relevant professional experience in business intelligence;
- Strong analytical ability and lateral thinking acumen with proven ability for conducting thorough public record research;
- An eye for detail and strong report writing skills (including visually appealing, complex and descriptive investigative reports) that reflect a clear thought process and communicate an accurate message ;
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Word skills;
- Effective communication skills required – written and oral ability to communicate research topics, and more complex concepts in discussion with case leads;
- Effective interpersonal skills - good team player with the ability to work under pressure;
- Highly motivated and able to work with limited oversight in a sometimes fast paced and demanding environment;
- Should be able to work in a dynamic environment, sometimes with challenging timelines;
- Should be a team player and should prioritize the team and client before self; and
- Fluent in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.