Location: London, United Kingdom
Date Posted: May 4, 2023
Security Engineer, London
Alvarez & Marsal is one of the world’s leading professional services firms globally with over 7,500 staff in 70 countries.
With the growth of the business globally we are now looking to further expand our Global Security Office (GSO) and are looking to recruit a Security Engineer to join the team. Working as a part of the GSO, you will report into the GSO SecEng Manager.
The successful candidate will have several years’ experience in carrying out technical security risk assessments and have a good understanding for how to assess third-party suppliers of cloud/SaaS based technology platforms. Experience in the Microsoft Defender suite is ideal but not essential.
- Assist GRC with performing vendor assessments and technical security risk reviews.
- Contribute to the technical design of security systems and services to meet organizational needs whilst managing risks.
- Be responsible for day-to day administration of numerous security platforms which the SecEng and SOC uses.
- Work closely with Project Management/Change Control to deliver new solutions and ongoing system upgrades/enhancements.
- Research and apply innovative security solutions to new or existing problems and be able to justify and communicate design decisions.
- Support and collaborate with other security teams (SOC & GRC) towards a unified vision.
- Bachelor's degree in a security related field is highly preferred (i.e. Security Analysis, Penetration Testing, Malware Analysis, Digital Forensics, Network Engineering, Computer Science).
- Have strong technical knowledge across various Security Engineering pillars (Email Security, Endpoint Security, Network Security, Cloud Security and Infrastructure Security).
- At least 4-5 years of experience in Security Engineering.
- Able to participate in complex vendor troubleshooting calls and diagnose/resolve tool and policy issues.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Security (CASB, MFA, Azure, ATP, Intune, O365, SSO, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Qradar on Cloud, Varonis DatAdvantage and Service Now (SecOps) knowledge would be really advantageous.
- Email Security (Mimecast Email security gateways, Microsoft Defender for Office 365, DMARC/DKIM/SPF).
- Very good knowledge of Network and Endpoint Security (Cisco Firewalls/IDS/IPS, Cisco ISE, Darktrace, EDR and VPN solutions).
- Knowledge of scripting languages is considered highly advantageous (e.g. Python, Bash scripting).
- Ability to support on-call rotation.
- Understand the impact of decisions, balancing requirements and deciding between approaches.
- Have a deep and evolving level of technical expertise.
- Communicate effectively with the business.
- Be able to cooperate with SOC analysts, Security Engineers in different regions.
- Well experienced in working with external vendors and third parties.
- Work extremely well with minimal supervision and is a fast learner.
- Have great teamwork skills.
- Good understanding of system and network hardening practices.
- Develop a variety of runbooks and training materials to ensure skill transfer within the SecEng team.
- Adjusting to priorities or processes as needs dictate.
- Have an ability to complete assigned tasks within set deadlines.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.