Knowledge Managment System Services Sr Analyst
Location: Houston, TX, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2023
Knowledge Management System Services – Sr. Analyst
Alvarez & Marsal, a premier professional services firm with more than 7,000 professionals globally, is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, experienced SharePoint Online/Microsoft 365 professional with in-depth knowledge of SharePoint Online & Microsoft 365.
The role sits on the Knowledge Management (KM) (not Information Technology) team within the sub team of Knowledge Management System Services. This role will also work and partner with the other Knowledge Management subgroups (KM Ops and KM Business Partners), Shared services Partners, and Alvarez & Marsal stakeholders.
Duties include Business Units/projects, and tasks, advising/consultation, day-to-day support, and training. A sample of the current and upcoming projects/tasks:
SharePoint Online Enhancements and Clean Up
Governance (Standards and tools)
Microsoft Viva (Configuration & Implementation)
Search, Audience Targeting, Metrics & Analytics, Taxonomy/Metadata
This role will help drive user adoption by identifying, researching, strategizing, recommending, and implementing SharePoint Online & Microsoft 365 solutions and other applications which support the firm's current and future technology roadmap and strategies.
Under the guidance of the KM System Services Director and Manager:
- Conduct assessments, gather/create detailed requirements, and recommend solutions that meet customer and technical expectations and needs—implement (hands-on) recommendations into flexible and scalable solutions.
- Partner and collaborate with A&M Stakeholders, Knowledge Management subgroups, IT and other Shared Services groups throughout the firm to plan, document, and assist with implementing customer solutions.
- Advise, consult, implement on SharePoint Online & Microsoft 365, best practices, and Governance.
- Develop SharePoint Online & Microsoft 365 training and best practice guidance documentation. On occasion, conduct training sessions.
- Provide day-to-day support for SharePoint Online & Microsoft 365.
- On occasion, design and implement solutions using PowerApps/Power Automate.
- Demonstrate a willingness to assist with tasks outside immediate essential role requirements to benefit an organizational success.
- 4 - 6 years of experience in the Microsoft 365 ecosystem, specifically SharePoint Online, Teams, Stream, PowerApps, and Power Automate, Microsoft Viva -nice to have.
- Modern SharePoint Online experience, which includes site features, user permissions, provisioning new sites, and support.
- Solution implementation and consulting experience with SharePoint Online/ Microsoft 365 large-scale environments.
- Business Analysis, Project, and change management experience.
- Experience in creating and advising on taxonomy and metadata.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot and technical problems.
- Experience with the ShareGate migration tool (migrating using the UI, creating reports, etc.)
- Proven experience working with professionals of all levels of experience up to C-Level
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or similar work/technical experience
Required Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge and experience operating in the full Microsoft 365 ecosystem.
- Strong relationship management skills, able to deal with senior stakeholders.
- Strong consultative and proactive approach when partnering with the business.
- Demonstrate a high level of 'grit' in their perseverance of effort and resilience to challenge.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholder groups and senior management.
- Strong willingness to learn and apply new and emerging technologies.
- Analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solver with the ability to think critically and independently with a keen eye for connecting the dots.
- Ability to drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of synthesizing information.
- Works well under pressure, flexible work style.
- Excellent communication skills and receptive listening skills, with the ability to present complex ideas and solutions for all audiences.
- Close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated a history of operating with urgency, responsiveness, and client-first focus.
- Microsoft Certifications in SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Power Platform are not required but are a plus.
- Exposure to Knowledge Management methodologies is not required but is a plus
- Preferred: Detroit, MI (Troy) or Houston, TX
- THIS IS AN ROLE THAT REQUIRES ONSITES 3 DAYS A WEEK.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.