Global Mobility Senior Specialist, EMEA
Location: London, United Kingdom
Date Posted: May 22, 2023
Global Mobility Senior Specialist
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
As Senior Global Mobility Specialist, you will provide support to the Global Mobility Manager (based in the UK) and take an active role in the day-to-day assignment management and administrative processes involved in the global mobility caseload. This will include support with general immigration and global mobility policy queries, vendor initiations and preparing assignment documentation and may also include some assignment case management. You will provide support in relation to key projects and activities such as:
- Deliver of the day-to-day operational activities in relation to moving staff on assignment, working as part of the global mobility team to provide our employees with a high standard tailored Global Mobility service that is efficient, responsive, and cost effective, while providing customers with a positive client experience
- Support the Global Mobility Manager to ensure that business planning, needs and objectives remain core to Mobility operations
- Partner with business stakeholders and Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Heads, HR, Finance, and other groups to enable ongoing tax and immigration compliance, and improve knowledge and understanding in this area
- Support the Global Mobility Manager to undertake a global mobility policy review to ensure we have the right policies in place to move employees around the world on assignment
- Work closely with global third-party providers to provide the assignee a seamless experience (including professional tax support services, household goods shipment, destination services, international medical insurance, and immigration services)
- Support in the implementation and effectively utilize the Assignment Management System to continue to improve global mobility delivery, reduce costs and improve management information.
You will be skilled in:
- Business Partnering: Advising on the execution and implementation of Global Mobility/Global Rewards policies and partnering with HR colleagues on execution of policies and management of processes
- Client Focused: Developing, delivering, and continuously improving the service line by understanding client motivation
- Decision-making: Making timely and sound decisions on everyday issues and problems by applying appropriate knowledge and expertise
- Execution and results orientation: Completing work effectively and efficiently, demonstrating initiative and a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results. Acting as single point of coordination towards international assignees and family members, end to end coordination of assignments, including the monitoring of all in- and outsourced services and activities
- Collaboration: Fostering a sense of collaboration and working effectively with others to ensure the right people are assigned to the right place at the right time
- Prioritizing and multi-tasking: Working on multiple projects within the agreed timelines and quality standards, with the aim of identifying new opportunities, optimizing procedures and programs, and continuously improving processes
- Excellence in Delivery: Developing state-of-the-art knowledge and expertise on international reward/mobility and transferring relevant knowledge to internal stakeholders to drive operational excellence.
The successful applicant will ideally have excellent word and excel skills as well as strong organizational and planning skills. They will be able to establish close working relationships with the SBU heads, People Operations delivery team, HR Business Partners, Finance, key business stakeholders and external third-party providers. You will be able to multitask and thrive in a busy and complex business environment and must have:
- Relevant experience of working within a global mobility function, covering EMEA inbound and outbound international assignees and third party national based cross-country transfers (International Moves) for at least 5-7 years
- Deep and broad understanding of global mobility compliance, particularly focused on global immigration, tax, social security, mobility compensation and risk management
- Experience with working with external vendors and managing delivery of services
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop productive and trusted relationships, internally and externally
- Proficient in internal and external stakeholder management
- Interest or experience in working with diverse cultures
- Eager to learn and proactive mentality as well as a customer focused orientation
- Agility to adapt to changes
- Strong experience supporting a busy function - multi-tasking required
- High level of customer service & delivery - delivering on time
- Works on own initiative, reliable - produces accurate work
- Self-starter, good attention to detail, credible & dependable – asks questions when unsure
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.