Location: London, United Kingdom
Date Posted: May 4, 2023
Alvarez & Marsal is an entrepreneurial and dynamic professional services firm that provides hands-on support to organisations facing operational and financial hurdles. Committed to our core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to underperforming companies.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and action orientated Infrastructure Engineer to join the IT Engineering Team in London. The Infrastructure Engineer reports to the IT Engineering Manager, and works closely with other Engineers, Developers and end users to implement, monitor and maintain production and dev environments in a 24/7/365 global environment.
- Deploy and manage Vmware & HyperV infrastructure based on requirements and best practices.
- Deploy and manage Storage Array Networks and Network-attached storage devices.
- Support and manage upgrades and Updates to the hardware environment. Various equipment, including
- Cisco UCS
- Planning and migration of existing workloads into Azure.
- Design, build, upgrade, and decommission various Windows and Linux systems, features, and services including but not limited to:
- Windows Server 2012R2 – 2019
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Active Directory
- DNS, DHCP
- Remote Desktop Service
- Various LOB applications
- Automate the delivery of VMware and Azure services.
- Respond to monitoring alerts of any health issues within the Azure and VMware environments.
- Liaise effectively with 3rd party suppliers and support providers to ensure issues and solutions are provided within expected service levels.
- Provide training and act as a point of escalation for the Service Desk and supporting team members.
- Recommend areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
- Create supporting documentation for various audiences.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in design, deployment, and maintenance of VMware virtual services and Cisco UCS hardware.
- Minimum 3-10 years of experience providing IT administration and/or engineering services managing Windows and Linux Servers and Services (Server 2012 R2 – Server 2019, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Centos).
- Expert knowledge of VMware, Hyper-V CLI PowerShell a
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS and other Server platforms
- Experience implementing automated deployment solutions, with a focus on ServiceNow catalog deployments.
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps configuration and Management.
- knowledge of Azure Identity Management including Azure AD, Azure AD B2C, SSO
- knowledge of Azure Security Center.
- Experience with cloud monitoring including Azure Log Analytics, Azure Monitor, and Application insights.
- Experience with securing and hardening of server environments.
- Experience with planning and executing migrations from on-premises data centers to public cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell, Python, Bash, Json or similar.
- Experience developing or supporting applications using microservices architecture.
- Experience with relational databases such as MS SQL.
- Ability to multi-task and be creative and innovative in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
- Experience managing small projects and leading initiatives with minimal direction throughout the project lifecycle
At A&M, you will have the opportunity to learn new technologies and skills in a fast paced and growing environment that encourages creative thinking and way of working. We are driven to provide candidates with growth and progression in their career by providing training opportunities and support with certifications. We enjoy the work we do and more importantly the group of people we work with – the team works on a global platform which provides variety and collaboration across different channels.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.