Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Date Posted: May 4, 2023
Associate Director, Valuation & Business Modelling Services
Alvarez & Marsal
Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a global consulting firm with more than $2+ billion in revenues, over 7,500 staff and over 70 offices world-wide. We offer a broad range of professional services including Restructuring, Transaction Advisory, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations, and Disputes and Investigation Services. Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to A&M for leadership, action and results.
Our Valuations practice has attracted top performers at every experienced level from our competitors across Europe. Our Benelux practice is an established part of A&M and our Managing Director leadership team is a collection of highly experienced professionals across Valuations, Financial and Operational Due Diligence, Restructuring, Performance Improvement and Corporate Transformation. They are supported by an exceptional team drawn from industry and professional services.
Our Valuation Services business provides a full suite of valuation and modelling services for Mergers & Acquisitions, financial restructuring, contentious valuations, illiquid securities, private equity portfolios, complex financial instruments and financial and tax reporting. Our European Valuation Services team (London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich, Paris and Madrid) work as one joint team, with continuous peer interaction between our six European locations, weekly European-wide update calls and regular social events combined with seamless cross-border staffing on large international projects.
Due to our freedom from audit restrictions, high-quality work and ability to respond quickly to client requirements, we are expanding rapidly. A senior opportunity exists in our Amsterdam office and we are looking for a highly regarded & experienced valuation professional to join us as an Associate Director. The successful appointee will play a key part in client project delivery and team building and will assist the senior team in business & client development.
A&M is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious individuals as all employees are encouraged to develop their client network and business development skills. Our base salaries are highly competitive with un-capped bonuses that are well known for both their fairness and generosity. Employees are rewarded for their contribution to growing both the Valuations business and A&M.
• Work on multiple Valuation engagements in the Netherlands and Europe, working closely with our Managing Directors
• Conduct research, synthesize information and develop & write client reports for high profile valuation assignments
• Develop expertise across a range of tools to conduct extensive data analysis and modelling to produce market leading analysis and insight
• Gain constant exposure to our senior members of the team, leveraging their substantial experience providing you with the opportunity to learn on the job in addition to formal technical and soft skills training programs offered by A&M globally
• Build relationships with clients through exceptional day-to-day project management and execution
• You will be encouraged to internally network with our service lines and to work on external marketing events to build cross-service line relationships
Typical projects will include:
• Commercial valuations for transactions and financial restructurings
• Valuations for Disputes & Litigation
• Complex Financial Instruments
• Financial Reporting Valuations (IFRS, US GAAP, UK GAAP, Dutch GAAP)
• Alternative Investments
• PE Portfolio Valuations
• Intellectual Property Valuations
• Fairness Opinions
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5 to 7 years of valuations experience gained at a Big 4 accounting firm, consulting firm, investment bank or independent valuation firm
• Strong educational background and exceptional academic record, including a strong focus on Finance and/or Mathematics
• Interested in or working towards a professional qualification – CFA / RA / RV /ACCA
• Excellent proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluent business level Dutch and English is essential. Additional European languages are highly valued
• Ambition, with a desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture
Employee Benefits - Our comprehensive benefits package is best-in-class for one reason: our commitment to our people. Some of our benefits include:
• Hybrid working
• Part time opportunities
• Quality healthcare
• Life and disability benefits
• Retirement benefits
• Family leave
• Supplemental benefits and discounts
• A&M’s training programs, on-the-job learning and networking opportunities help you reach your potential individually and as a valued member of our firm.
A&M’s employee resource groups support you through all stages of your professional development and connect you with others to make great things happen. No matter your gender, experience or walk of life, at A&M, your rich and diverse perspectives are valued. Here, diversity is celebrated and the vast talents that our employee pool around the world brings is what makes A&M an inclusive place.
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.