Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Date Posted: May 15, 2023
Alvarez & Marsal is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Executive Assistant (EA) to join the Corporate Performance Improvement (CPI) team. This important position will work in the Atlanta office and report to the Managing Directors based in Miami. This position requires a hybrid schedule of 4 days in-office and 1 day remote per week. Standard working hours are 8:30am - 5:30pm.
Our EAs are made up of a team of experienced professionals who support our top executives and teams across the globe. These critical team members are viewed as strategic partners who enable our teams to deliver gold standard work to our clients. In addition to providing administrative leadership for the ATL office and CPI practice, the EA will also be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing special projects and events. The candidate should be motivated, resourceful, organized, poised, and able to operate independently with strong attention to detail.
- Provide daily administrative support to CPI Managing Directors including but not limited to: processing time and expense reports, drafting and editing correspondence, scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars, travel arrangements, shipping materials, etc.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including but not limited to team meetings, full staff meetings, all hands meetings, off-site meetings, one-on-one meetings, etc. (in person or virtual room set up, meal / gift ordering, etc.)
- Effectively interface with employees from other business units within A&M and senior executives both inside and outside the company.
- Assist with onboarding process for new hires, and offboarding process for exiting employees.
- Perform excel analysis as required; e.g., event contract comparisons.
- Work cross-functionally with corporate support teams to include IT, marketing, AR, AP, legal, and building maintenance to ensure smooth business operations for the CPI unit.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Atlanta Office Support
- Serve as point of contact for day to day office needs, including maintenance, mail, supplies, equipment and invoices, etc. with the local EA team.
- Maintain CPI common areas and conference rooms to ensure a professional work environment.
- Ensure facilities and office equipment are always in good working order.
- Manage internal safety program and security system.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 7+ years Executive Assistant / Business Operations Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Outstanding customer service / interpersonal skills; ability to support multiple executives / varied working styles.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to build a personal network throughout the company as a trusted team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders and external partners.
- Ability to ensure communications are clear, thorough, and specific, with attention to follow-through and confidentiality.
- Excellent computer and calendaring skills to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Salesforce, Concur, file sharing software (i.e., Box).
- Skillful execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process; consistently produce error-free work; Organized and detail orientated with excellent follow through; independent.
- Strong problem-solver.
- Self-motivated, tactful, and a great team player.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Project coordination and management experience needed at an intermediate complexity.
- Proven ability to manage projects, work under pressure with minimal direction and consistently make deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.