Location: London, United Kingdom
Date Posted: May 22, 2023
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity, and real results. Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to underperforming and robust companies across the industry spectrum.
We are seeking an ERP Lead in London. Reporting to the ERP System Leader you will provide technical leadership on the technical design of the Unit4 ERP system as well as be responsible for the continuous improvement of key A&M processes.
- work with other IT ERP Leads and Finance Functional leads to build solutions and processes, supporting maintenance, continual service improvement, and new capabilities on the platform
- lead the operation management of task and small enhancements
- provide technical guidance to internal systems analysts
- manage 3rd party operational support including tasks such as attending status meetings, ensuring 3rd party providing ticket resolving matrices, and evaluating/ensuring the 3rd party ability to complete project
- lead in the creation of technical specifications and contribute to planning activities.
The ERP Lead is responsible for Software Development, Documentation, Management, Project Planning and Quality Assurance. It will include but not be limited to:
- Overseeing and directing the day-to-day regional activities of ERP system support, ensuring that systems and services work reliably and securely
- Providing guidance and leadership to the support team, and directly supporting end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems processes to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues
- Consult and partner with Finance leader and business leader to determine ERP requirements.
- Preparing technical and training manuals to keep the documentation current
- Working across a number of Unit4 ERP (Agresso) modules, Financials (GL, AR, AP), Project, Logistics and workflow.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 10+ years’ work experience in Unit4 ERP support and implementation
- Extensive work experience in business systems implementation, systems integration, systems management, and systems administration
- Experience of working with Finance teams and processes
- Experience in creating technical design prior to software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience of developing efficient, maintainable code under the standards set forth by the technology team
- Demonstrate ability to handle and prioritize BAU initiatives, technical and process problem solving, as well as root analysis
- Track record of communicating technical solutions to non-technical audience as well as effectively communicating project status and solution using such tools as project plans and Visio diagrams
- Experience in providing excellent customer service, including (but not limited to):
- Successful management of client relationships
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications
- Must be customer service-oriented; able to work independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in verbal and written modes; able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
- Must be able to work well under time constraints
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.