Location: Houston, TX, United States
Date Posted: May 31, 2023
Manager/Director, Federal Tax (Private Client Services)
Alvarez & Marsal Tax is currently looking for a Manager/Director to join our Federal Tax-Private Client Services practice. Our Private Client Services Tax practice works with private companies, their owners, and other domestic and international high net worth individuals, serving as their advisor, advocate, teammate and partner. Our Federal Tax practice develops trusted relationships with client personnel and collaborates with clients to compile project information and resolve issues. We are dedicated to helping our clients achieve their long-term goals by delivering highly personalized solutions that suit their unique needs.
What will you be doing?
As a Manager or Director within the Private Client Services Tax practice, you will
· Focus in providing tax and consulting services to high net worth individuals in the areas of individual income tax, wealth transfer and succession planning, and international tax
· Identify, research, and provide analysis on a wide range of complex tax issues
· Demonstrate extensive technical skills with tax compliance assignments for individual tax clients working proficiently with specific tax forms as follows: 1040, 1041, 709, and FinCEN 114
· Perform as part of a multidisciplinary team, assisting with tax-planning responsibilities for individual clients
· Supervise, develop, mentor, and motivate our Associate and Senior Associate teams by actively participating in their advancement through on-the-job training, providing performance feedback, counseling, and fostering our team-based atmosphere
· Manage workload and deadlines for Associates and Senior Associates with a focus on quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the project team
· Encourage open expression of ideas and opinions and actively seek opportunities for others to share diverse experiences and perspectives
· Assist with business development, including add-on work, by creating business development resources and proposal materials
Who will you be working with?
We are not a typical tax firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial, action oriented and results oriented tax professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients’ problems and helping them reach their potential. We are nimble, resourceful, and proactive but adapt quickly when changes are needed. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on your achievements, not your tenure.
How will you grow and be supported?
As a demonstration of A&M’s strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional development. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being. A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting;
· 4+ years’ of experience primarily focused on working with high net worth individuals in providing tax planning services, reviewing client workpapers, and preparing income tax returns
· Prior proven experience leading and managing work streams and mentoring junior staff
· Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to establish credibility and influence clients
· Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
· Experience with all Microsoft Office products (with an emphasis on Excel)
· Experience with GoSystems, OneSource, and research software preferred
· Ability to simultaneously work on several projects and effectively manage deadlines
· High motivation to learn and grow
· Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.