Manager of Knowledge Management
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Date Posted: May 25, 2023
Alvarez & Marsal, a premier professional services firm with more than 5,000 professionals globally, is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Knowledge Management Analyst/Senior Analyst to join our Knowledge Management (KM) team. The role is part of a developing KM capability and the successful candidate will play a vital role in contributing to the development of our team and offerings, as well as defining our strategic direction. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for supporting the US Knowledge Manager and partnering with the business units on existing and future efforts designed to facilitate knowledge sharing within the firm.
Partner with A&M Business units on KM initiatives
- Support US Knowledge Manager in designing, developing and implementing KM future state processes and tools that align with business unit objectives.
- Engage with internal stakeholders, to understand requirements and to identify opportunities to extend KM service offerings to further areas of the business.
- Foster relationships and serve as the primary liaison between A&M’s business units and the centralized knowledge management team.
- Provide advice based on internal and external KM best practices.
Collaborate with other KM team members
- Support KM team members on initiatives beyond immediate region, to contribute to further building our global capability.
- Share knowledge of processes, approaches, methods, tools/platforms etc. with team colleagues, so it can be leveraged across the globe.
- Provide insight into business needs, initiatives and end-user experience to help ensure global KM service offerings remain relevant and aligned to overall strategy.
Serve as a liaison between business units and A&M Global Enterprise Shared Services
- Build relationships & partner across other shared services to best support business units in the achievement of their KM goals. For example, establishing good working protocols with IT, compliance, legal and our research center will be critical to best serve our customers
- Help connect business units with other shared service contacts.
Grow KM knowledge and expertise
- Identify internal and external KM trends and best practices; communicate and promote these to business unit KM contacts.
- Support the growth and evolution of the KM team at A&M by applying KM best practices in ways that best ensure success of KM support model.
- As it relates to Knowledge Management practices, share, influence and encourage best practices and knowledge sharing throughout region and firm.
- Demonstrate a willingness to assist with tasks outside immediate key role requirements for the benefit of overall organizational success.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Consultative approach when partnering with the business.
- Demonstrate a high level of ‘grit’ in their perseverance of effort and resilience to challenge, in order to accomplish long term goals and further develop KM capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholder groups and senior management.
- Familiarity with KM concepts, best practices, systems, platforms (Primarily Microsoft 365), frameworks and tools in a professional services environment.
- Analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solver with the ability to think critically and independently with a keen eye for connecting the dots and scaling KM efforts.
- Ability to drive to results, in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of synthesizing information.
- Works well under pressure; flexible work style.
- Excellent communication skills and receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas and solutions for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated history of operating with urgency, responsiveness and client first focus.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.