Project Revenue Assistant
Location: London, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2023
This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days in the London office; we are based at Finsbury Circus.
Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our 7,500 professionals excel in problem solving and value creation globally.
Based in the London office, working in partnership with the European offices, this role will be responsible for all the prebilling activities across Europe. The Project Revenue Assistant is expected to ensure timely and accurate completion of assignments and adhere to firm policies, procedures and is expected to maintain expertise in the activities and services being provided. The Project Revenue Assistant will need to work proactively to complete required activities on time and to a high standard, providing exceptional service to the firm’s clients, Managing Directors, and staff, efficient and effective operations, and an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Assisting with creation of project codes on internal systems, once information is provided by the Project team/Business including client portfolio creation, coordination of conflict check procedures and renewals as needed, coordination of anti-money laundering checks, creation of project codes (temporary and permanent)
- Ensures temporary code extensions are escalated and approved to manage company risk.
- Build relationships with functional leaders within the firm in the areas of Finance, Legal, Conflicts, AML, as well as other teams.
- Updating project codes when required.
- Plan billing activities based on engagement letter timelines and milestones.
- Ensure all timesheets are completed by the project teams in a timely manner especially in time for billing.
- Conducts prebilling activities as requested for European offices, ensuring timely, fair and accurate preparation of bills, including annotating the IP.
- Provides direction on reporting and unique billing situations, in consultation with Project teams.
- Compiles required support documentation from multiple sources for incurred/expected client expenses.
- Prepares for and attends monthly meetings as needed to look at WIP and clean up if required.
- Ensures write ups, write offs are managed accurately and in a timely manner in liaison with the Project teams/Managing Director’s.
- Ensures internal project allocations are accurate and works with Project team/Managing Director’s to enact any allocation changes ensuring compliance with internal policies.
- To keep track of Foreign Affiliate/Subcontractor invoices received and applied against projects and ensure payment is made.
- Wiliness to work proactively and face any new challenges that might arise.
- Works with the wider billing team to share experience, best-practice and provides cover during leave periods of colleagues.
- Supports as requested in following up with clients on outstanding accounts receivables.
- Supports European collection activities to ensure timely allocations.
- Provides direction on difficult collection situations in consultation with the Finance team.
- Prepares collections reports and actively supports improvements in collections processes.
- professional services billing experience required
- Expert skills in MS Office (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate potentially detailed and complex information to others.
- Aptitude and willingness to work with complex procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent judgment and common sense
- Strong service orientation, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, team members, corporate employees, firm professionals, and clients.
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary to fulfill time sensitive responsibilities.
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- Ability to maintain professional behavior in a demanding and stressful environment and help others to do the same.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Must provide excellent customer service and be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and to have the ability to adapt well to change.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.