Analyst, Global Transaction Advisory Group
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2023
Analyst, Global Transaction Advisory Group
Alvarez & Marsal
Stockholm (Nordic Region)
Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a global consulting firm with more than $2+ billion in revenues, 8,000 staff and over 70 offices around the globe and a broad range of professional services including Transaction Advisory, Private Equity Performance Improvement, Financial & Operational Restructuring, Debt Advisory, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations and Disputes and Investigation Services.
A&M’s Global Transaction Advisory Group (“TAG”) is the largest transaction advisory practice outside the Big 4 audit firms. Our award-winning practice includes over 800 professionals in 35 offices across the U.S., Middle East, Europe, Latin America, India and Asia Pacific. We have established A&M as the leading provider of Financial Due Diligence globally outside the big four & the no.1 firm to develop a pan European career in Transaction Advisory today. Across the Nordics, we have offices in Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki and we are active across the region.
Due to the success of our Nordic team, we are expanding and actively looking for ambitious Analysts to join us in Stockholm. We welcome applications from individuals who would like to work in an international and entrepreneurial environment covering a wide spectrum of industries.
A&M offer a fun and developing working environment for everyone who is passionate about what we do – or as we say: like what you do and whom you do it with!
- You will join our highly skilled Stockholm team of transaction advisory professionals representing seven different nationalities and given our integrated European working and teaming approach, you will also work closely to our 250+ professionals across ten different countries and more than 30 nationalities on a regular basis.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in multiple financial due diligence engagements (including buy-side and sell-side work), refinancing due diligence, restructuring related work etc working closely with our senior professionals including our Managing Directors.
- A&M work with a variety of large-cap and mid-cap Private Equity houses, corporate clients and financial institutions providing you with broad industry exposure.
- You will be given the opportunity to use the commercial aspects of your financial analysis skills, as well as being given exposure to the key drivers and valuation considerations which drive a transaction.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in Transaction Analytics deals, utilising data sets to provide more insight analysis.
- Our Transaction Advisory team can work alongside operational and commercial professionals in combined project teams enhancing your understanding of the broader due diligence and wider deal process.
- You will be encouraged to be active in the market, supporting and enhancing existing client relationships and in developing new client relationships.
A&M is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious individuals as all employees are encouraged to develop their client network and business development skills.
Why join our TAG team?
The successful candidate will:
- Join a growing team with strong leadership, bright, energetic people with a truly entrepreneurial spirit.
- Work across the entire deal life cycle in a hands-on role, including both buy-side and sell-side work.
- Get the opportunity to work on international projects on behalf of many of the most prominent organisations globally.
To qualify for the role:
- Strong educational background within Finance, Accounting or Engineering with great academic results.
- Fluent business level English is essential and additional Nordic language skills including Swedish, Danish, Finnish or Norwegian are highly desirable.
- A flexible attitude and ability to prioritise tasks.
- A strong drive and a willingness to be challenged.
- An analytical mindset and an aptitude for numbers.
- A&M is a fast-growing business and TAG employees have extensive client exposure and the opportunity to be involved in business development activities. Team members join the monthly TAG meeting where WIP, project pipeline, resourcing, marketing and business development initiatives are discussed.
- Team members are encouraged to build relationships with their client peers, planning and participating in relationship building activities. We recognise that building relationships with clients is important for building a platform for personal and career development.
- Our Transaction Advisory team works in multi-disciplinary teams on projects across several geographies, so you would have the opportunity to build and leverage broad international deal experience.
- As fun is part of our core values, we prioritise teaming and celebrate success.
- Our base salaries are highly competitive, and bonuses are un-capped. Employees are rewarded for their contribution to growing both TAG and A&M and our bonus system is well known for both its fairness and generosity.
- A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry – and we offer opportunities that suits your development needs.
- Our core values include Diversity and Inclusion which means that we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.