Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 27, 2023
Director/Senior Director, Infrastructure & Capital Projects (US) – Public Sector
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
With a regional and global footprint, the A&M I&CP team has over 20 years of combined experience in industries such as power, oil and gas, transportation, real estate and others. Our service offering features dedicated resources on the ground, supported by a team that can quickly assess project information utilizing proprietary technology.
A few things to emphasize for this new Public Sector role:
This role is focused on public sector, but will have opportunity to pursue and deliver work with commercial clients as well (PS focus, commercial opportunistically) This person will be coming in and helping to build the team from the “ground up.” We have several ongoing engagements and large pursuits, but this individual will be a part of building something new and helping to define our pursuit strategy, resource needs, etc. Team is rapidly growing. Lots of opportunity to advance and grow with performance
The team is seeking:
· Lead the execution of I&CP’s service lines with ownership, identifying opportunities for improvement, playing an active role on client relationship;
· Lead meetings and presentations with the managerial and executive level of clients and A&M, projecting confidence and mastery of the scope of work;
· Promptly respond to project demands and anticipate critical actions towards the success of initiatives;
· Demonstrate experience in project management and participate on multiple projects with a variety of infrastructure sectors and functional areas;
· Enable effective articulations amongst leaders, producing results that meet the interests of stakeholders;
· Contribute to business development efforts by supporting product improvement;
· Expand A&M’s presence on assigned accounts by identifying other business opportunities;
· Act as a link between staff and leadership to propel culture and technical knowledge;
· Coordinate and engage on I&CP’s administrative efforts (Programming, Sales Spreadsheet, Collections, etc.)
· Degree in Engineering;
· Experience in managing complex projects in a multicultural corporate environment;
· Graduate degree in project management or business administration will be a plus;
· Extensive knowledge of I&CP products and service lines;
· Certification in project management from recommended entities (eg AACE, PMI, etc);
· Availability to travel.
· Ability to benefit from innovation support resources and create internal results or new businesses solutions with the client;
· Ability to lead under pressure, with fast-paced workflows and tight deadlines;
· Demonstrate an “entrepreneurial” spirit, showing ambition and risk appetite;
· Strategic decision-making ability in a dynamic work environment;
· Proactivity to seek knowledge on innovative project management technologies
· People management skills;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients on a variety of hierarchical levels;
· Ability to seek new client and project opportunities for A&M.
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.