Location: Tampa, FL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2023
We are seeking an experienced PMO Lead that will both lead a team of project managers as well as manage critical and complex projects.
The PMO lead will provide leadership, direction, coaching and mentorship to those they manage. They will be responsible to ensure the projects managed by their direct reports are delivered successfully and adhere to Alvarez and Marsal’s PMO best practices. They will also help in the on-going building of A&M PMO best practices, templates, and guidelines.
As a Project Manager they will provide leadership and transparency through all phases of the program / project lifecycle including planning, design, development, and deployment. They will ensure project scope, schedule, quality, and benefits are adequately defined and delivered. They will effectively lead project teams and ensure that project progress is communicated to all stakeholders. To be successful, they will not only be outstanding project managers, but also have exceptional interpersonal, communication, mentorship, and relationship building skills.
Leadership Responsibilities Include:
- Leading and developing direct reports
- Hiring, terminations, onboarding, and performance management of direct reports
- Contributing to PMO processes, templates, and best practices
Project Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Planning and driving execution of IT initiatives in partnership with internal and cross functional teams.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Using appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and cost
- Leveraging subject matter expertise in driving conversations and/or influencing decisions and direction with Business, Technology, and functional partners.
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties & vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Identifying priorities and managing multiple workstreams.
- Coordinating activities across departments ensuring deliverables are tracked in line with due dates.
- Identifying creative and timely solutions to key challenges while motivating the project teams to complete critical tasks.
- Managing, analyzing, tracking, and escalating project risks, issues, and dependencies
- Tracking project progress and report effectively on status, blockers, and changes.
- Accountable for creating, maintaining, and communicating schedules and statuses
- Creating materials and presenting at Steering Committees as applicable.
- Tracking project resourcing and driving resource balancing between different program priorities.
- Chairing regular project review meetings.
- Strong people managements skills.
- Experience with hiring, terminations, onboarding, and performance management.
- Experience helping to document processes, guidelines, templates, and best practices within PMOs.
- You love to be a project manager and have worked complex large-scale projects with multiple stakeholders.
- You are execution focused and able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously.
- You have a strong partnership record and an ability to build business relationships throughout the organization to foster respect and teamwork with internal and external partners.
- You can act independently, demonstrate leadership, and take initiative but work equally well within a dynamic and fast paced team environment.
- You can adapt within a changing environment and stay self-motivated to achieve targets and deliverables.
- You are intellectually curious, pro-active, and comfortable challenging the status quo; you are not afraid to ask questions and make proposals to solve problems.
- You know how to create reports, analyses or scorecards for the management team and have strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- Project management certification e.g., PMP, CAPM
- Experience working in a PMO and can easily adapt to our PMO processes
- Professional and positive approach
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Collaborates well
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Team player, and able to work on own initiatives
- Assertive, adaptable, and creative
- Strong analytic ability
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required
- 10-15 years of direct experience as an IT project manager.
- 5+ years of direct experience as a manager of staff
- Requires a bachelor's degree in related area.
- PMP strongly desired
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.