Senior Associate Payroll
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mumbai, India
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2023
Job Description – Senior Payroll Specialist – Location A&M Mumbai Office
Role Summary: Reporting to the APAC Head of Payroll Operations and working closely with the rest of the Alvarez & Marsal Global payroll team as well as HR, Benefits, Finance and the Business. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in our fantastic Global Payroll Team as a Payroll Specialist supporting the preparation of an accurate and timely payroll for approximately 800 or more employees and growing.
- Ensure that starters, leavers, leaves of absence, salary increases, bonuses, and transfers are all processed correctly. Preparation of employee-related information and input into flexi-form and Payroll Provider’s portal.
- Ensure accurate processing of Managing Director emoluments, including monthly draw, bonuses, benefits, deferred payments, loans, etc.
- Ensure accurate processing of one-time bonus payments (e,g. Guaranteed bonuses, sign-on bonuses, etc.) and annual bonus payments.
- Ensure adequate approvals are obtained in respect of any ‘manual’ payment requests and process manual payroll payments as needed.
- Review the payroll output reports and payroll provider file before SEPA payment file is released to ensure all items have been processed correctly and are in line with expectations. Query and investigate any material monthly variances.
- Adhere to payroll cut-off dates and ensure that deadlines with payroll provider and Business Partners are met.
- Support continuous improvement of payroll processes and contribute to future state decisions on new payroll service provider.
- Liaise with payroll provider to ensure that payroll is processed timely and accurately. Work with payroll provider and internal payroll management to ensure that payroll legislative changes are applied timely.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of time-off tracking information for submission to the payroll provider (i.e., Vacation days). Keep track of days taken by employees and escalate for any pattern of overused time off requiring adjustment.
- Ensure all registrations and deregistrations are completed in accordance with the country’s legislation.
- Preparation of termination/Redundancies as per country legislations and company policy
- Reconcile all tax, superannuation, provident fund, and other statutory deductions, ensure they are filed and paid accurately and on time.
- Ensure all manual payments are loaded in an accurate and timely manner for Finance to release on HSBC net.
- Ensure all appropriate FX rates have been updated where translation is required for payment of salaries and bonuses.
- Book accounting entries arising from the monthly payrolls and, in conjunction with Finance ensure that GL payroll accounts are appropriately reconciled.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Payroll Legislation and internal policies
- To be first point of contact on all income tax/statutory queries from the tax authorities in liaison with payroll providers
- Respond to employees’ questions and inquiries in a timely and courteous manner.
- Registration and submission of employee insurance documents to the insurance company
- Post Graduate with 8 plus years experience processing end-to-end payroll for APAC countries
- In-depth knowledge of Singapore, Australia, China, India & other APAC countries payroll and understanding of relevant employment laws and payroll legislations
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, and be part of a remote team
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, be proactive, flexible, and adaptable while problem-solving when required
- Must be organized and adaptable to crucial time frame and changes
- Excellent skills in Excel
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing environment and across time zones would be advantageous
- Experience with Workday Human Capital Management system, ERP payroll systems and financial reporting System a plus
- Quick learner with willingness and appetite to learn new systems and technology
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a professional services firm with a great work ethic and a positive attitude in developing employees to achieve their full potential.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.