Senior Associate - CFR (Special Situations)
Location: Mumbai, India
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2023
Alvarez & Marsal’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring (CFR) offers a wide range of corporate finance and restructuring services. CFR’s service offering includes M&A advisory, Capital raising services, Financial restructuring and Insolvency and Bankruptcy related M&A. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the Retail & Consumer Products, Agriculture, Transportation and Logistics, Healthcare, Financial Services, Energy, Industrials, Chemicals and Education among others.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
Project and Client Management:
- Plan and execute own tasks effectively
- Manage own time effectively by strict adherence to commitments
- Willing to stretch and switch contexts
- Interact with clients and seniors independently and effectively to accomplish work tasks
- Earn client’s trust by displaying superior work ethic with utmost importance on client confidentiality
- Deliver superior quality work and satisfy client expectations
- Prepare pitch documents, presentations, and engagement proposals etc.
- Prepare marketing materials on the client company including teasers, executive summaries, information memorandums, debt restructuring notes or proposals and management presentations with limited guidance
- Build complex financial models and perform transaction, debt restructuring, loan recover assessment, valuation analyses etc.
- Identify and conduct research on potential buyers/investors (and targets on buy-side transactions)
- Run the process of preparing information for, setting up and managing the data room
- Communicate directly with clients, potential buyers/investors, lenders and other advisors, and develop lasting relationships with senior CXO client, investor, lenders and advisor executives
- Articulate ideas in confident and concise manner
- Concise and effective written communication with high level of clarity and quality
- Prepares high-quality slides and decks
- Actively engage in meetings and add value to discussions by participating effectively
- Share relevant knowledge with team members
- Contribute to development of the team capability
- Develop positive working relationships and create positive working environment
- Engage with team beyond own module and help other team members
- 2+ years post MBA or 4+ years post CA qualification of relevant professional experience in working in Corporate finance or debt restructuring team
- Experience in working on debt restructuring, special situations fund raise, IBC transactions, NPA portfolio sales, assessment of NPA portfolio of banks/ NBFCs
- Worked on at least 2–3 debt restructuring, or special situations deals, end to end
- Proven aptitude and enthusiasm for conducting detailed financial modeling, valuation, debt restructuring analysis
- Knowledge of latest provisions of RBI with respect to stressed assets, IBC, etc.
- Preference would be given to individuals with experience of at least one deal closure.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.