Location: Athens, Greece
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2023
Alvarez & Marsal
Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a global consulting firm with more than $2+ billion in revenues, 8,000+ staff and over 75 offices worldwide. We offer a broad range of professional services including Transaction Advisory, Private Equity Performance Improvement, Financial & Operational Restructuring, Debt Advisory, Corporate Transformation, M&A, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations and Disputes and Investigation Services.
Companies & Investors around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) for leadership, action and results.
Our practice in Greece is an established part of A&M and our MD leadership team is a collection of highly experienced professionals across Financial and Operational Restructuring, Performance Improvement and Disputes & Investigations. They are supported by an exceptional team drawn from industry and professional services.
Due to client requirements, our practice in Greece is growing and we are actively seeking high performers at Analyst and Associate level to work on a range of projects across Restructuring, Disputes & Investigations & Performance Improvement. A&M Greece work with clients to:
• Drive revenue and EBITDA growth through Operational Transformation & Performance Improvement and Financial and Operational Restructuring
• Contribute to forensic accounting and economic cases, preparing financial models, cash flow analysis, and other analyses to support business valuations and damage assessments
• Accelerate innovation through Business Process Improvement, Supply network optimisation / Sales & operations planning including improvements in Logistics & Distribution
• Increase profitability through the creation and implementation of performance improvement plans and cost transformation including zero based budgeting
• Improve cash flow through price and profit maximization, working capital improvement, inventory and supply chain processes and capital expenditure controls
• Increase overhead efficiency through shared services alignment and process improvements across Human Resources, Procurement, Finance, IT, and other critical business support functions
• Lead and/or support business transformation as interim senior management, post-merger integration execution, scenario planning, and through organisational and operating model redesign
This is a unique opportunity to join an established & growing business and play an instrumental role in delivering a range of impactful projects to clients. Alvarez and Marsal drive sustained restructuring & performance improvement initiatives at a scale and pace that conventional consultancies cannot match. We work with clients in restructuring & strategic transformation situations when companies are looking to sustainably improve earnings & profitability. We also help our clients navigate complex mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, bolt-ons and divestitures. We work with national & international companies, Banks and Global and European private equity houses and their portfolio companies.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong academic track record to date combined with work experience in a leading consulting firm, industry or an audit firm
• CFA Charter, CFA Program candidacy, or any other Accounting certification would be strongly considered an asset
• Well-developed analytical skills combined with strong financial modelling/analysis & presentation-building skills. Advanced proficiency utilizing Excel and PowerPoint
• Well-developed ability to structure data in a way to draw conclusions and support timely decision making with our clients
• Able to function well under pressure and work independently while understanding when to ask for guidance
• Native Greek in additional to fluent English is essential and other European languages are highly desirable
• Commitment to living A&M’s cultural values: integrity, quality, objectivity, fun and inclusive diversity
The successful candidates will possess the following personal attributes
• A desire to work on fast paced projects across multiple sectors
• Interested in collaborating with international A&M teams and colleagues
• Flexibility to support a broad range of projects and situations
• An Inquisitive mind, highly motivated and driven
All A&M employees benefit from constant engagement with senior members of the team and have extensive client exposure. They gain ‘on-the-job’ learning and development in addition to formal training programmes. Employees at all levels are encouraged to nurture and enlarge their professional networks.
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, family medical history, genetic information or other protected medical condition, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by and in accordance with applicable laws. Employees and Applicants can find A&M policy statements and additional information by region here.
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.