This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mumbai, India
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2024
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With over 5,000 professionals based across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex busin]ess issues and maximize value
From its India office, A&M offers turnaround and restructuring advisory, interim and crisis management, performance improvement and transaction advisory services to PE firms, local and multinational firms and banks. Additionally, A&M brings industry expertise to India in a range of sectors, including: logistics, healthcare, consumer products, industrial products, private equity, transportation & infrastructure, manufacturing, retail, technology, telecommunications and textiles.
Alvarez & Marsal’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring (CFR) offers a wide range of corporate finance and restructuring services. CFR’s service offering includes Financial restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy services, M&A advisory and Capital raising services. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the Retail & Consumer Products, Agriculture, Transportation and Logistics, Healthcare, Financial Services, Energy, Industrials, Chemicals and Education among others.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
Project and Client Management:
· Plan and execute own tasks effectively
· Manage own time effectively by strict adherence to commitments
· Willing to stretch and switch contexts
· Interact with clients and seniors independently and effectively to accomplish work tasks
· Earn client’s trust by displaying superior work ethic with utmost importance on client confidentiality
· Deliver superior quality work and satisfy client expectations
· Prepare pitch documents, presentations, and engagement proposals etc.
· Prepare marketing materials on the client company including teasers, executive summaries, information memorandums, restructuring notes and management presentations with limited guidance
· Build complex financial models and perform transaction, restructuring and valuation analyses
· Identify and conduct research on potential buyers/investors (and targets on buy-side transactions)]
· Run the process of preparing information for, setting up and managing the data room
· Communicate directly with clients, potential buyers/investors and other advisors, lenders and develop lasting relationships with senior CXO client, investor and advisor executives
· Articulate ideas in confident and concise manner
· Concise and effective written communication with high level of clarity and quality
· Prepares high-quality slides and decks
· Actively engage in meetings and add value to discussions by participating effectively
· Share relevant knowledge with team members
· Contribute to development of the team capability
· Develop positive working relationships and create positive working environment
· Engage with team beyond own module and help other team members
· CA / MBA
o For Analysts
- CA rankers or CAs with experience with Big4 accounting firms or investment banks
- MBAs with experience with investment banks
o For Associates
- Minimum 6-12 months of relevant professional experience
- Experience in M&A/corporate finance or debt restructuring
- Worked on at least 1–2 private equity or M&A deal or debt restructuring
- Proven aptitude and enthusiasm for conducting detailed financial modeling, restructuring scenarios as well as valuation and strategic analyses
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, family medical history, genetic information or other protected medical condition, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by and in accordance with applicable laws. Employees and Applicants can find A&M policy statements and additional information by region here.
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.