Financial Services Industry - Wealth Management Manager / Director
Location: New York, NY, United States
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2024
Alvarez & Marsal is building a team of experienced wealth management consulting professionals as part of its Financial Services Industry (FSI) strategic advisory practice. A&M brings together an operational heritage with in-depth knowledge of the wealth management industry to serve clients in solving their most challenging issues.
Our growing team is looking for individuals with:
- Enthusiasm for engaging with wealth management macro industry trends, competitive dynamics and disruptors (fintech, digital, AI, etc.); capability to generate thought leadership and innovative new ideas to respond to evolving industry challenges
- Deep understanding of the wealth management industry ecosystem – including expertise in one or more of the following:
- Investment Products & Solutions
- Client & Advisor Experience
- Front / Middle / Back Operations
- Platforms & Technology
- Risk & Regulatory
- Relevant experience delivering service offerings to wealth managers, including:
- Growth Strategy and Business Model Transformation
- Performance Improvement / Cost Re-engineering
- Mergers & Acquisitions (due diligence, post-merger integration, etc.)
- Pricing and Revenue Optimization
- Platform and Technology Modernization
- Innovation, Data & Analytics, Digital and AI
- Outstanding problem-solving acumen leveraging strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; proven ability to derive insights from large volumes of unstructured information to solve complex, ambiguous problems
- Ability to deliver impactful results from ideation to execution by working independently and collaborating within cross-functional teams across multiple, concurrent projects; excellent project management, communication, leadership and relationship-building skills
- Previous experience working at leading wealth management, FIG investment banking, private equity and/or top-tier strategy consulting firm(s) addressing C-suite strategic initiatives across a variety of issues and functions in the organization (Managers 4+ and Directors 7+ years of prior relevant work experience)
- Identifying key client business issues
- Determine client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches
- Evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement
- Implementing and overseeing the quality of deliverables
- Effectively managing the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance
- Developing and presenting proposals and material for business development activities
- Acting as a mentor in the development of others
- Outcome oriented
- Entrepreneurial and commercial approach
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal/team skills, high E.Q.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to address strategic issues and act tactically understanding cross functional requirements
- Comfortable with travel
The salary range for Manager is $125,000-$190,000 annually and Director is $150,000-$225,000 annually dependent on several variables including but not limited to education, experience, skills, and geography. In addition, A&M offers a discretionary bonus program which is based on a number of factors, including individual and firm performance. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, family medical history, genetic information or other protected medical condition, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by and in accordance with applicable laws. Employees and Applicants can find A&M policy statements and additional information by region here.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.