Executive Assistant - Corporate Finance
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2024
Executive Assistant – Corporate Finance Team - Manchester or London - Hybrid
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
Our dedicated Corporate Finance team has extensive experience in selling a business, raising capital, acquiring assets, or restructuring a business. They partner with clients including founders, entrepreneurs, financial investors of all sizes, and market-leading corporations operating businesses across all industries globally.
The team is looking for an Executive Assistant to be based in Manchester or London. The ideal candidate is someone who remains calm, on top of their workload, and always has a sense of humour. The right candidate will have prior experience of dealing with busy professionals, working with tight deadlines and being one step ahead of their team’s needs.
This role requires someone who is able to work in a fast pace and changing environment, willing to be flexible, as well as friendly and confident. You must have excellent communications and organisation skills and attention to detail.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Complex diary management for Managing Directors
- Booking venues for breakfast, lunch and dinner meetings
- Assisting in the organisation of any internal and external events
- Coordinating office lunches, meeting rooms
- Travel booking - hotels, flights, cars, visas
- Supporting new joiners, arranging introduction meetings etc.
- Supporting with IT queries, redirecting to the most appropriate channel
- Submitting weekly timesheets
- Completing expenses
- Printing, binding and scanning of documents
- Distributing incoming post and handling outgoing post requests for the team
- Minute taking during team meetings when required
- Action the archiving of files for the team
- Various administrative tasks
- Keep printing areas replenished and work stations clutter free
- Using Salesforce.com to track and monitor marketing activities
- Supporting any potential office moves
- EA Holiday Cover
- Prior experience in an admin function, preferably within professional services
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be organised and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Pro-active nature
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, family medical history, genetic information or other protected medical condition, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by and in accordance with applicable laws. Employees and Applicants can find A&M policy statements and additional information by region here.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.