Location: New York, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2024
Lead Developer – Back End, Generative AI – Customer Success
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) - Generative AI team. With more than 7,000 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M's Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving upper middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A&M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies. The companies we serve are upper middle market in the $50 million to $1 billion plus range.
Our PEPI services include:
• Merger Integration & Carve-outs
• IT- pre-acquisition diligence
• IT- post-acquisition implementations and integration
• Interim Management
• CFO Services
• Commercial Due Diligence/Strategy
• Rapid Results
• Supply Chain
Private Equity Focused Professionals
We're developing a cutting-edge Generative AI tool designed to streamline analysis and research by automating portions of data analysis, identifying opportunities, and facilitating interactive data search. Our platform aims to enhance private equity decision-making through advanced AI techniques, transforming complex use case scenarios into streamlined, insightful processes.
We provide private equity buyers with a broad continuum of knowledge and tools for due diligence (IT and operational), merger integration / carve-out planning and execution, transition service agreement negotiation & governance, ERP implementations, IT operations & cost reduction, and enterprise architecture. We support full spectrum of the deal lifecycle from pre-deal technology, operational and synergy reviews, through 'Day-1' planning, to post-deal implementations.
By joining our Generative AI team, you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of Generative AI technology and its application in the private equity industry, working closely with leaders in the field to shape the future of consulting.
Lead Developer - Back End:
We are seeking an experienced Lead Developer - Back End who will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining our web application, ensuring robust, scalable, and secure backend infrastructure for our product suite.
• Backend Application Development: Build and maintain backend application using the Django framework and Python, ensuring well-structured, reusable code.
• OpenAI API Integration: Incorporate OpenAI API to introduce advanced AI features into the application through backend processes, exposed as REST API using Django.
• Database Management: Develop and manage databases using MySQL, Postgres, Mongo. Ensure data integrity, performance, and security.
• Pinecone Implementation: Implement Pinecone for vector database to enhance search and similarity scoring capabilities.
• API Architecture: Create and extend API architecture to streamline the workflow between frontend and backend, ensuring seamless integration.
• Security Practices: Implement best practices for security to maintain system integrity, including data encryption and user authentication.
• Version Control: Maintain fluent Git collaboration practices including version control, branching, merging, and pull requests.
• Collaboration: Interface with frontend developers to ensure a seamless development lifecycle and resolve integration issues.
• 5+ years of professional experience in backend development, with proficiency in Django and Python.
• Proven experience in integrating AI APIs, preferably OpenAI, into web applications.
• Strong knowledge of database management, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL.
• Experience with Pinecone or similar vector database technologies.
• Proficient in designing and extending API architectures.
• Strong understanding of security best practices in web application development.
• Proficient understanding of Git version control systems and collaboration practices.
• Experience in interfacing with frontend developers and resolving integration issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, web development or related field.
The salary range is $150,000 - $190,000 annually, dependent on several variables including but not limited to education, experience, skills, and geography. In addition, A&M offers a discretionary bonus program which is based on a number of factors, including individual and firm performance. Please ask your recruiter for details.
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, family medical history, genetic information or other protected medical condition, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by and in accordance with applicable laws. Employees and Applicants can find A&M policy statements and additional information by region here.
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.