Location: London, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2024
A&Ms operational systems support our business processes, are essential to the day-to-day running of the firm and help us provide a world class service to our clients. This role will play a key part in an exciting new project aimed at connecting our experts with data that sits across multiple business units and platforms.
The Data Analyst will sit in the Operations team and report to the Intranet Manager EMEA in London. Operations is home to a number of smaller teams including Knowledge Management, Internal Communications, Marketing and the Insight Center. Close collaboration with these teams is expected, in addition to Finance and Management Analytics, who provide a bespoke service to the firm, creating opportunities to leverage data in new and innovative ways.
The successful candidate will be somebody who has a passion for:
· Finding trends and links across data sources,
· Has the drive to correct errors or missing data points across pools of data and,
· The desire and creativity to communicate to consumers the trends found, in new and innovative ways.
Lack of data is not our challenge; the successful candidate will be responsible for mapping / knitting information from a variety of specialist platforms together, filling in the gaps so that it becomes relevant and then drive the analyses to convert the data into valued information. The candidate will need to build a deep understanding of our channels to market and our key clients in order to be successful in the role.
They will work with legacy and newly generated content and progress logically through the data to map key points of reference such as industry and client. It is critical that our databases hold clean, consistent and streamlined information so the Data Analyst will need to query systems, liaise with stakeholders and conduct some research in order to maintain a true reflection of business relationships in the information architecture.
· Understand proposed analytic outputs to build data sets that are formatted and structured correctly
· Filter and clean data by reviewing reports to locate and correct problems
· Review large data sets to map client, industry and sector relationships
· Develop understanding of client base in order to propose new mapping points
· Query core systems to sanity check outputs
· Format data sets to prerequisite spec ready for system ingestion
· Utilise metadata and filters to present information effectively for ad hoc business reports
· Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise and manage through to resolution with the Management Analytics team
· Identify reoccurring issues and create technical reports that accurately capture the detail
· Test and validate outcomes with small data sets
· Develop records management processes
· Perform analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data
· Ensure content is presented clearly and concisely
Your general qualities:
· Adaptable to the various working styles and processes across the firm
· High attention to accuracy and detail
· Motivated by constant learning and desire to build something meaningful
· Ability to deliver high quality results, often in a time-constrained environment
· Positive and “Let’s Get it Done” attitude; willing to pitch in where needed
· Highly motivated self-starter
· A keenness to work with large data sets
· Flexible in their approach to problem solving
· Logical mindset and an effective troubleshooter
What you bring:
· English speaker with a second language an advantage
· Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a related field
· Relevant work experience in a similar role
· Ability to identify issues with data based on expected outcomes
· The ability to organise and prioritise tasks, and to manage concurrent small projects
· Exceptional Excel skill set
· Strong knowledge of databases and Power BI
· Excellent analytical skills, comfortable with numerical analysis
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
We are looking for someone who is committed and engaged in delivering best in class results. The role provides training and course attendance opportunities for professional development.
Why Join Us:
At Alvarez & Marsal (\A&M\), we take pride in our diverse and inclusive culture, fostering a supportive and collaborative environment where everyone's unique perspectives are valued. Our team consists of talented individuals who work closely together, benefiting from personal coaching and mentorship from our senior leaders.
About Alvarez & Marsal (\A&M\):
For over three decades, A&M has been setting the standard in delivering exceptional restructuring, turnaround, interim management, and consulting services worldwide. With a global team of over 8,000 professionals, we specialize in providing expert advice to a wide range of investors, corporate clients, law firms, and private equity firms.
Join Our Inclusive Team:
At Alvarez & Marsal, we are committed to equality of opportunity and encourage applications from all candidates who meet the requirements and qualifications. We believe that diverse perspectives drive innovation and creativity, and we welcome talented individuals from all walks of life to contribute to our success.
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, family medical history, genetic information or other protected medical condition, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by and in accordance with applicable laws. Employees and Applicants can find A&M policy statements and additional information by region here.
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.