Location: London, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Feb 2, 2024
Learning & Development Business Partner – London - Hybrid
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
Our dedicated EMEA Learning and Development (\L&D\) team works to create, build and implement contemporary L&D infrastructure and strategy for our internal stakeholders at all levels.
We are currently looking for an L&D Business Partner to join our team in London. This is an exciting opportunity for you to bring creativity and proactivity to drive an evolving L&D strategy across A&M. You will play a key role in collaborating with the Head of Learning, Learning Business Partners, and the business leaders, to take joint responsibility for the employee learning experience. You will align service delivery to key business needs, identifying and designing relevant programmes to meet our business objectives and deliver bespoke solutions. You will be responsible for designing a future-fit learning experience, whilst enabling our people to consistently deliver a truly outstanding experience for our clients. You will have a global mindset, embrace technology and ensure a consistent high-level service delivery.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To
· Align learning and development initiatives with the overall business strategy.
· Work closely with key stakeholders, including senior leaders, managers, and employees, to identify learning needs, aligning to the overall business objectives
· Manage these stakeholders effectively, demonstrate strong business partnering skills and be responsible and/or accountable for all agreed deliverables
· Design, develop, and deliver learning programs that support organisational development efforts
· Ownership and project management of programs and initiatives, including design, delivery, promotion, and evaluation. Working closely with Programme Managers to ensure continuous improvement
· Partner with the business to design technical learning to support career pathways
· Demonstrates advanced knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, instructional design theory, evaluation methods, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
· Balance unique business unit needs with EMEA-wide initiatives and strategy to create optimal solutions and plans
· Active use of data analytics to support decision making
· Experience as a learning business partner or equivalent, working within the HR function, of a global professional services firm
· Must be comfortable presenting in front of senior stakeholders
· Experience in the design, delivery, and management of learning interventions
· Experience in influencing and collaborating to achieve buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
· Sourcing, managing, and negotiating with third parties
· Excels in working in a complex matrix environment and can adapt and work in a rapidly growing business
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, family medical history, genetic information or other protected medical condition, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by and in accordance with applicable laws. Employees and Applicants can find A&M policy statements and additional information by region here.
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.