Senior Data Architect
Location: Tampa, FL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 2, 2024
Alvarez & Marsal is looking to hire a Data Architect to join our corporate IT team. You will help us expand and design our internal data warehouse and business intelligence function in support of over 18 different business lines. You will design, build, and enhance within our SQL data warehouse, ETL processes, Azure environments as well as troubleshoot data and database issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience in the Azure data stack, and deep understanding of data architecture fundamentals.
- Design, commission and enhance new/current subject areas.
- Implementing new or upgraded cloud data strategies and Azure platforms.
- Create Entity Relationship diagrams and write relational database queries.
- Create database objects and maintain referential integrity.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Design, implement and help maintain ETL migrations to Azure Data Factory.
- Processing confidential data and information according to strict guidelines defined by the subject area owners.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with business stakeholders and business analysts.
- Participate in peer design reviews and development sessions within the team.
- Develops data models and is responsible for data acquisition, access analysis, archive, recovery, load design and implementation.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Collaborates with internal customers to capture requirements.
- Design, create, document, manage and fulfill user requests for new or existing datasets.
- Adhere to SDLC processes and standard to ensure proper coding practices are adhered to.
- Training end users on new data elements.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Apply best of breed data pipeline and data model design patterns to achieve robust and flexible data solutions.
Data Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in computer science.
- Work experience as a data architect or in related field.
- Prior professional services experience preferred
- Strong Azure data stack experience
- Well versed in Data Structures algorithms
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of building modern data reporting solutions in cloud technologies including Power BI a plus
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data, Data Warehousing, Azure Cloud Data platforms
- Integration experience with multiple source systems such as Salesforce, custom developed systems using REST API.
- Modeling warehousing and ETL methodology making use of cloud-based technologies in the Microsoft Stack (Microsoft SQL Server along with complementary technologies such as Azure Data Studio, Azure Data Factory, Blob Storage)
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity, and we foster inclusiveness, encouraging everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s practice to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, family medical history, genetic information or other protected medical condition, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by and in accordance with applicable laws. Employees and Applicants can find A&M policy statements and additional information by region here.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our Inclusive Diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.